Wednesday, November 22, 2006

All Things Anakin

"Mummy, when you and Daddy got married, did you kiss?" Umar asked.
"Yess" I answered somewhat hesitantly somewhat dreading the next question this was going to lead up to.
"Did you and Daddy kiss on the lips?" Umar continued with a cheeky twinkle in his eyes.
"Nooo" I answered in hope that the questions would stop there and knowing in truth I would not be able to answer further questions had I told him yes, I did kiss his daddy on the lips.
"But Anakin Skywalker kissed on the lips when he got married!" He went on astonished at the fact that his parents were not like Anakin.
"But that's just in the movies..." I poorly attempted to pacify him.
Umar's disappointment was obvious, followed by his scrunched up face.
"Why did you not invite me?" Umar asked in a serious manner.
"Invite you to what?" I asked genuinely surprised...then it hit me "Invite you to our wedding??"
"YES! Why did you not invite me to your wedding??!!" Umar was exasparated.
He had witnessed Anakin's wedding on TV but did not get invited to witness ours. I highly suspected it was because he wanted to witness our kiss or to actually prove that our kiss had actually been on the lips!
"Because you were just a little dot in heaven then..." which of course, Umar was not too happy about.
Since this interrogation, there have been numerous instances where he had highly likely wished he was not just a little dot in heaven, but physically there with us, wanting to actually participate and be part of our history in the making....

No comments: