Two days ago (on 20th Mar 07) when Amil returned from work he brought with him two bars of chocolate that he had bought from the little shop at the bottom of Kenny Hills. One chocolate bar was a Time Out and the other a Kit Kat.
He showed it to Umar and I, then asked me first which one of the two would I like. In my mind I had decided on the bar of Kit Kat but instead of saying so decided to let Umar have first pick. Yes, I usually do that, I let my child choose first. And Umar chose the bar of Kit Kat.
Amil offered me the Time Out but I politely declined saying I would eat it later. So he kept that chocolate bar in the fridge. Umar then rushed to open his bar of Kit Kat. Secretly, I too was looking forward for him to open it. And not forgetting little Musa hovering on the sidelines. Once Umar unwrapped the Kit Kat, I proceeded to give Musa a little piece, much to his delight, and also asked Umar if I could have a little piece.
"Of course Mummy can have a piece of Kit Kat" answered Amil before Umar could say anything. I then asked Umar for another little bite and again Amil answered that I could before Umar had a chance to argue, which amazingly Umar didn't but instead gave me another little bite.
This morning, whilst getting ready for work, Amil passed me a new bar of Kit Kat that he bought last night. I was surprised and thanked him nevertheless. I did not take the Kit Kat from him as I was in the midst of getting ready but he placed it in my hand and insisted that I keep it in my handbag so that I could eat it at work today.
The reason why I am putting this story in my blog is because what Amil did, so small an action, yet so significant in meaning, was a reminder to me that the little things do really matter the most. Though a man of few words (well compared to me anyway), the thoughtfulness displayed through his actions, more than lets me know how much I mean to him.
And yes, Amil usually does that, he lets me choose first. And he knew I didn't get my first choice two days ago.
And because of this, I am sure that the Kit Kat bar that I will open shortly will taste better than any other I have eaten...
Thursday, March 22, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Aww Kak E, that is the sweetest love story. Im so happy you found each other. muah xoxox
Post a Comment